Wednesday, November 9, 2011

You can win friends with salad!

I have fond memories of my mother serving salad Niçoise for dinner in the heat of summer. It was filling, full of flavour, and contained lots of colours and textures. I always wondered if salad was an acceptable main in the non-summer seasons (I'm reminded of classic Simpsons and Seinfeld references).

Recently, my partner and I were sick of our regular meals and we wanted something healthy and quick. Et voilà!





We thought the ingredients really complimented the fall colours.

Our creation contained:
greens
cucumber
cherry tomatoes
black olives
chick peas
blanched carrots and green beans
canned tuna
feta cheese

We served the salad with our current favourite dressing and a loaf of olive bread from a local bakery. You can even make extra so you can treat yo self with leftovers too!

Salad never felt so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment