Monday, November 7, 2011

Upgrade your pizza

We all have those cravings. Yes, those delivery pizza cravings. For me, I have a history of ordering either Pizza Pizza hawaiian with garlic dipping sause or Domino's supreme with a side-order of cheesy bread whenever I'm having one of those weeks, you know what I mean. My better half loves to keep frozen pizzas on hand and I often give in to the ease of the Delissio.

But this decadence comes at a cost. You are reduced to a bloated whale-like zombie, laying on the couch in a food coma with grease emitting through your pores. Trust me, we all deserve better.

Enter the homemade creation. You've earned this after hours of grading, editing, and readings. Yes, you have! [More after the jump]


With very little effort, I might add, you can make this in 5 short steps.

1. Make dough (we found this dough recipe online and made enough to keep some on hand in the freezer), or you can buy crust premade.
2. Preheat pizza stone (we actually received one as a gift but had never used it before) or preheat oven to 400.
3. Line pizza stone or pizza tray with cornmeal (this is key).
4. Assemble pizza to your liking.
5. Watch in disbelief as your creation grows before your very eyes (baking times may vary).


Isn't it time for an upgrade?

No comments:

Post a Comment