Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wait, did I just turn 1 year older?


It was the perfect storm of sorts: all of my commitments culminated in back-to-back meetings over 3 days, 40 papers took 10 hours (instead of my estimate of 6 hours) to grade, I somehow painfully sprained my abdominal muscles in spin class, and I was supposed to celebrate the anniversary of my existence in the midst of it all.

[Click to read more]
Isn't the universe supposed to give me a break at the end of January? If history is any indication, no. In high school, my birthday always landed in the midst of the exam session. Throughout my university studies, work always seemed to exponentially pile up from the beginning of the new year. Plus, the weather always seems to be either gloomy or nasty.

Am I going to let it stop me from marking the occasion? Hell, no! I'm so lucky to have great family and friends who completely spoiled me (I didn't have to treat myself at all).

After a gruelling day, I braved the peak of rush hour on the metro - (to give you an idea of the utter horror, one woman tried unsuccessfully at first, but then literally turned around and shoved herself rear-end first onto the train car) - and came home to find these beautiful tulips (see photo above).

My fiance took me out for a fantastic dinner, so it didn't even matter that we had to rush home for me to submit an application before midnight... I'm one lucky girl (no sarcasm there, I promise).

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice day in the end, Meg. Sorry the first half was so stressful! Hope it's calmed down a little now... xo

    ReplyDelete