Monday, January 16, 2012

Rub a dub dub


It's been such a busy week! My back was sore from all of the hours spent baking and cleaning. I just started a pretty intense exercise regimen, but I've also been spending a lot of time in front of the computer. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty tired this weekend. I've been searching for a spa or massage package from Groupon, but unless you are looking for botox injections, cellulite reductions, or helicopter rides (seriously, what is going on?), it really isn't much help!

I decided that I could make my own little spa getaway, right in the comfort of my own home. Welcome to the oasis. [Click to read more]

I made my own spa with a few simple items: bubble bath, tea lights, candles, a pumice stone, a few decorative items, and a stereo with relaxing music.

A word to the wise: make sure to have all of your items on hand before you jump into the tub. There is nothing worse than turning into a part-time nudist as you try to find a towel!

Choose a time when you know you can occupy the bathroom in peace. I wouldn't recommend setting up your personal spa if there are going to be people knocking on the door or barging in.

Let's be honest, it can be a little difficult to justify splurging on a grad student budget. That being said, we certainly deserve to pamper ourselves, so make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment