Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's the thought that counts...


In an earlier post, I mentioned that I was blown away by how my family and friends really made me feel special on my birthday. The notes and gifts were so sweet and incredibly thoughtful. All of them meant so much to me, but I wanted to share with you one of the cutest gifts I've ever received. 

One of my amazing friends picked up on some of the things I've been mentioning lately, namely soups and birds. I've been trying different kinds of soups (see here) and I've been drawn to illustrated birds (see here and I've also been wearing a bird scarf non-stop).

The soup recipe book is fantastic; there are so many great ideas. The wooden recipe box will help me keep track of the meals that need to be on the repeat list.

The chicken noodle soup in a jar is ingenious. Just add to boiling water, add frozen vegetables and chicken, simmer, and enjoy! What a great idea.

I've been using the tote bag almost everyday and it makes me smile whenever I see it. I love birds.

Please forgive my poor camera skills as I had only a few moments to snap the shots during this busy week. It's incredible how a little love can make a person feel really special. I hope I can step up my game of gift-giving too!



No comments:

Post a Comment